A House of Cards

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Hey der, Hi der, Ho der...

Sorry for the strange greeting, but my hubby and I just started watching That 70's Show in re-runs. It is hilarious! Not sure why we didn't watch when it was in primetime. Something else must have been on at the same time.

So... how have you all been? It has been so crazy (and a little crappy) here. Seems like everyone is getting sick or everything is breaking down. My daughter was AGAIN... I think she is going to need to have her tonsils taken out. My great dane wasn't able to walk on Saturday morning. The vet had to come to our house to check him out. (Luckily, he is up and slowly getting around again on lots of pain meds.) Our riding mower broke while I was cutting the grass. It wasn't anything major and it is still under warranty, but it had to be sent off to the manufacturer to be fixed which will take about 2-3 weeks to get back. So my grass is only half cut. My neighbors are probably going to start complaining soon. Don't they say bad things come in threes? Hopefully that will be it for me for a while.

OK... I will quit complaining and share a few cards with you all.

The first is my Sketch This card for the week.

I know you are probably all sick of seeing these flower/scalloped frames, but I LOVE them. So please forgive me for using them over and over.

Next is a card I made using Laura's Sketch 23 over at 2 Sketches 4 You.

Lots and lots of color here.

Lastly is a card I made using my March Label Tulip kit.

I just needed to use that flower on a project.

By the way, if you haven't already noticed, I jumped on the Etsy bandwagon. Feel free to stop by my shop and take a look. :)

Well, that is it for me today. Hope you all are off to a good start this week. Thanks so much for stopping by!

14 comments:

cnelson said...

these are all completely fabulous! i admire your work so much!!

Lulu said...

Could your cards BE any cuter??? Love the s24u card, it's super colorful and cute! :)

Lisa Dorsey said...

beautiful cards as usual Roree! Love that flower from the Label Tulip kit.

Anonymous said...

`Gorgeous` craetions Roree...love those gingham flowers..TFS
Enjoy the rest of your week:)♥

Cindy Lee said...

Wow...you sweep off my feet again, Roree! I love seeing your work and admire them so so much!! You are one my fav!

Ann said...

These are all FABulous! I really love your 2 Sketches card!

Jolene said...

Well, I for one could look at your flower/scalloped frames forever! Just keep 'em coming! Once again, they are amazing! You make me want to stay up all night and do something creative! Thanks for the inspiration. I'm also very excited to see you on the etsy. I'm sure you will be very successful. Best wishes!
Jolene

Christine said...

Oh, I could never get tired of scalloped anything. It's one of my favorite accents to use too. I love all of your cards. They are absolutely fabulous. The way that you used that flower and the ribbon for the stem is just gorgeous. Your work is always outstanding. Congrats on the GotSketch guest DT spot. Love that card too. Have a great day!
xoxo, Christine

Nina said...

Sounds like you've had your share of crappyness lately - but hey, when you've reached your lowest the only way is up, right?
I would never get tired of your flowers or scallops, you always seem to renew yourself. Your work is ever so inspiring to me. TFS!

Kathy K said...

WOW! I love all of these! You always make such fabulous things. I think my favorite is the middle one. I think it's cool how bright stark white most of it is but how the rainbow effect is still so strong. Awesome!

Muffin said...

Amazing cards, I'm trying to pick a favorite but it's impossible! Just love all three of them!

Sasha Farina said...

gorgeous works everytime Roree. I hope everyone will be on the mend soon!

Charlene Austin said...

Wow, Wow, Wow!! Love 'em all. So fun, bright and perfect!!

twinsand2boys said...

Roree, what are those flowers in the first card? (the one for sketch this) did you cut them with your cricut? or are they chipboard ones? Love that card!