A House of Cards

Thursday, March 13, 2008

I've been hit!

Not really. *hehe* I mean tagged and awarded. ;)

First, I was given the "You Make My Day" award by Carole and Laura. Thanks so much, girls! You are so sweet, and I am inspired by you both. Hugs!!!

So, I think I am supposed to pass this on.

You girls make my day! :)

  1. Write a post with links to 5 blogs you find of interest and that inspire you.
  2. Acknowledge the post of the award giver.
  3. Display the logo "You Make My Day".
  4. Tell the award winners that they have won by commenting on their blogs with the news.

(P.S. If you already have this, no need to do it again.)


Next, I have been tagged by Nicole and Betsy. Thanks girls!

Here are the rules...

  • Link to the person that tagged you and post the rules on your blog.
    Share 7 random and/or weird facts about yourself on your blog, we all want to know them.

  • Tag 7 random people at the end of your post and include links to their blogs (let each person know that they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog).

My random/weird facts:

  1. I love to do puzzles or play card games on the computer. I go through spurts, and right now I have been playing a lot of Spider Solitaire.
  2. I love big dogs. I have a Great Dane and an English Mastiff to prove it. No little yippy dogs for me.
  3. I love Starbucks. My brother got me hooked on it. I drink a grande two pump white mocha almost everyday. I don't ever change it up either. I stick with what I like.
  4. My husband and I just hung curtains up in our living room. I know, your thinking "What is so random or weird about that?" Well, that is the first pair of curtains we have ever bought since we have been together (almost 18 years). Astonishing, isn't it! ;)
  5. I love alternative rock. (Thanks for all the compliments I have gotten on my playlist, but sorry to those of you who don't care for it. I tried to keep it more mellow for the blog.)
  6. My scrappy room is a constant wreck. I NEED more storage!
  7. I spend way too much time on the computer.

So that's it about me.

Consider yourselves tagged, girls!


I have a few projects to share today too.

Danelle gave the design team a challenge. We all had to make a ribbon bookmark using Creative Cafe products. I thought it was pretty fun. I had never made a bookmark before. I used some twill, felt rick rack, puffy felt flowers, buttons, a mini tag, a little bit of paper, and a rub-on letter. Of course, I added some stitching, because I find it hard not to. And voila! A pretty little bookmark. My hubby now wants me to make him one, minus the girly colors and flowers, of course. ;)



I also have my Provo Craft projects to show you.

The first was a free project. I got to do whatever I wanted. It is a birthday card using my Stretch Your Imagination cartridge for the card frame and Celebrations cartridge for the party hat. I love how it turned out with the stitching in the circles.


I had a guideline for my next two projects. I had to use my Cricut and Cuttlebug, and they had to be cardstock only with just basic supplies, with a summer theme and a kids theme. So, this is what I came up with.

The crown was the kids project. I used my Happily Ever After cartridge for the crown, Walk in My Garden cartridge for the flowers, and my Cuttlebug for the little flowers (Spring Floral), oval stamp (Stamps), and letter (Olivia Alphabet). I think this would definitely be something fun to make with a child. You could just change up the colors and shapes for a boy.

The other is a summery card. I used my Doodlecharms cartridge for the flowers (suns), Walk in My Garden cartridge for the flower pot and stems, and Cuttlebug dies for the tag (Tiny Tags) and butterfly (Spring Floral) and embossing folder (Swiss Dots) for the textured pot.

Also, if you noticed, I changed up my blog header. I made this using a digi kit I purchased at PrimaHybrid.com. The kit is called "A Breath of Fresh Air" by Weeds & Wildflowers Design. Such a beautiful kit! I also added some digi stitches (Flossy Stitches by Kim Christensen) from PrimaHybrid, too. Love these!

Well, I think I made that post more that long enough. It is probably the longest one I have done. I need to go get ready for my day. Thanks for stopping by!

25 comments:

Unknown said...

I LOVE the music on your blog!!! :) I've left it up sometimes just to listen to it! LOL I'm strange...

Amy W. said...

super cute stuff, Roree! :)

Lea L. said...

Your projects are gorgeous Roree! I am totally jealous that you got a free project this month for PC!!

And you're a stinker...I have been tagged now THREE times....I will have to get to that today! Have a great one!

HUGS,
Lea

Katie said...

Roree, you made my day too :)

Love all of your creations! That crown is just WAY too cute!

Have a great day!

Katie

Unknown said...

Thank YOU Roree for making MY day, I'm greatly humbled that you find me worthy of that award ~ you're too sweet!
And your projects.... OH MY GOODNESS... absolutely STUNNING, your use of bold, vivid colors combined with your incredible eye for detail literally take my breath away! Amazing, amazing work!

Melissa said...

Sweetness! Your projects are AWESOME---how cute is that crown! Love your music---be yourself cause we love you!
Melissa

Anonymous said...

I love your header...it's so sweet! Loved reading your facts too! :)
Nicole

Kandis Smith said...

OH wow! Love that flower card. SOoo cute and love your stitched circles. Now, I have to go think about some fun facts!! Thanks for the tag!

Anonymous said...

Your creations are gorgeous as always! I love your work, i love the color you used...it's absolutely stunning!!!


And that crown is just supercute!!!

Lisa said...

Thanks for the award. I love Spider Solitaire too. Roree, the card with the stitched circles is fantastic, such work. I am sure it will have your "Removed for Publication" sign hanging on it soon!! LOVE YOUR WORK!!!

Laura Davis said...

Wow Roree! I love all your new projects, everything is just stunning. Your work is always fun, fresh & bright! Yay I love Great Danes, I want one but the hubby says NO! I would love to see a picture of yours:) Your new header is darling! We are getting new carpet in our entire house so, it's going to be quiet on my blog at least until after Monday. I'll be back soon:)
Laura

~Nancy~ said...

I've been lurking your blog for such a long time.. so now it's time to finally leave you a comment!!! love love your work girlie.. you're definitely the queen of details and bright colors! Thanks for the inspiration over and over again! XOXO

Carole Beath said...

I love your music. I too leave it up sometimes just to listen. I adore these cards on this specific post. Soooo cute, Roree. You do such mahhhhvelous stuff.

Carole Beath said...

I just have to add something here pertinent to Great Danes. I live a street away from a big doggy park and nothing perks my day more than to go past the park and watch the dogs romping, playing and chasing. And in the middle of it all is a huge Harlequin Great Dane, who just sort of stands in the middle of the chaos, leaning down watching all the smaller dogs run hither and yon under his tall legs. It's a riot.

Nina said...

Your creations are as amazing as allways. You're so talented!

Thanks for the award, sweety!
I've received it before, but it does really warm my heart to get it from you - one of my crafting idols!!

Roree, do you ever use rubber stamps? If so, please mail your home address to me at doktornina[a]gmail.com...I've got a little something for you! :)

//N

*Beatriz Jennings* said...

beautiful projects Roree ;)

Mandy said...

Look at all the color and cuteness! :)

Betsy V said...

LOVE your PC stuff again this month! "Color" should be your middle name. :-)

Stampinsilvia said...

Wow I just found your blog and I absolutely LOVE he card with the party hat and the crown that you made! Amazing stuff!

Anonymous said...

beautiful creations Roree:)x

Molly said...

Oh wow! Your projects never cease to amaze me my friend! I love them!

Anonymous said...

Absolutely GORGEOUS projects, as always Roree. Love your bookmark, soooo adorable and would make wonderful gifts. Did you make one for hubby? I am honored to be on your roll and have the chance to chat, thank you so much!

hugs!
danni

Unity Stamp Company said...

SPLENDID Projects. Thanks for the Thursday Evening Inspiration! You are magically talented. Have a Happy Easter!

Anonymous said...

just found your blog. love your cards! :)

Anonymous said...

I just found it too! LOVE these - and I enjoy your work in Card Magazine.