First, I was given the "You Make My Day" award by Carole and Laura. Thanks so much, girls! You are so sweet, and I am inspired by you both. Hugs!!!
So, I think I am supposed to pass this on.
You girls make my day! :)
- Write a post with links to 5 blogs you find of interest and that inspire you.
- Acknowledge the post of the award giver.
- Display the logo "You Make My Day".
- Tell the award winners that they have won by commenting on their blogs with the news.
(P.S. If you already have this, no need to do it again.)
Here are the rules...
- Link to the person that tagged you and post the rules on your blog.
Share 7 random and/or weird facts about yourself on your blog, we all want to know them.
- Tag 7 random people at the end of your post and include links to their blogs (let each person know that they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog).
My random/weird facts:
- I love to do puzzles or play card games on the computer. I go through spurts, and right now I have been playing a lot of Spider Solitaire.
- I love big dogs. I have a Great Dane and an English Mastiff to prove it. No little yippy dogs for me.
- I love Starbucks. My brother got me hooked on it. I drink a grande two pump white mocha almost everyday. I don't ever change it up either. I stick with what I like.
- My husband and I just hung curtains up in our living room. I know, your thinking "What is so random or weird about that?" Well, that is the first pair of curtains we have ever bought since we have been together (almost 18 years). Astonishing, isn't it! ;)
- I love alternative rock. (Thanks for all the compliments I have gotten on my playlist, but sorry to those of you who don't care for it. I tried to keep it more mellow for the blog.)
- My scrappy room is a constant wreck. I NEED more storage!
- I spend way too much time on the computer.
So that's it about me.
Consider yourselves tagged, girls!
I have a few projects to share today too.
Danelle gave the design team a challenge. We all had to make a ribbon bookmark using Creative Cafe products. I thought it was pretty fun. I had never made a bookmark before. I used some twill, felt rick rack, puffy felt flowers, buttons, a mini tag, a little bit of paper, and a rub-on letter. Of course, I added some stitching, because I find it hard not to. And voila! A pretty little bookmark. My hubby now wants me to make him one, minus the girly colors and flowers, of course. ;)
I also have my Provo Craft projects to show you.
The first was a free project. I got to do whatever I wanted. It is a birthday card using my Stretch Your Imagination cartridge for the card frame and Celebrations cartridge for the party hat. I love how it turned out with the stitching in the circles.
I had a guideline for my next two projects. I had to use my Cricut and Cuttlebug, and they had to be cardstock only with just basic supplies, with a summer theme and a kids theme. So, this is what I came up with.
The crown was the kids project. I used my Happily Ever After cartridge for the crown, Walk in My Garden cartridge for the flowers, and my Cuttlebug for the little flowers (Spring Floral), oval stamp (Stamps), and letter (Olivia Alphabet). I think this would definitely be something fun to make with a child. You could just change up the colors and shapes for a boy.
The other is a summery card. I used my Doodlecharms cartridge for the flowers (suns), Walk in My Garden cartridge for the flower pot and stems, and Cuttlebug dies for the tag (Tiny Tags) and butterfly (Spring Floral) and embossing folder (Swiss Dots) for the textured pot.
Also, if you noticed, I changed up my blog header. I made this using a digi kit I purchased at PrimaHybrid.com. The kit is called "A Breath of Fresh Air" by Weeds & Wildflowers Design. Such a beautiful kit! I also added some digi stitches (Flossy Stitches by Kim Christensen) from PrimaHybrid, too. Love these!
Well, I think I made that post more that long enough. It is probably the longest one I have done. I need to go get ready for my day. Thanks for stopping by!