A House of Cards

Saturday, November 12, 2011

Creating with Cricut: Thankful

Hey everyone!  Today, I posted a project on the Pink Paislee blog.  My assignment was to create a Thanksgiving/Autumn project using my Cricut Expression machine.  I decided to make a home decor piece. 


 I repainted an old picture frame and added some patterned paper for the background.  I cut out the pumpkin shape using my Cricut Expression, Pumpkin Carving cartridge, and some Mistables patterned paper that I colored with Mister Huey's mist in Pumpkin Spice.  I added some inked Wood Shop Wood Chip letters over the pumpkin shape for the sentiment.


 I then cut out some leaf shapes using my Cricut Expression and Create a Critter cartridge, inked them with multiple ink pads, and machine stitched the veins.


I added a bow, button, and tag to finish it up. 

You can see a list of the products I used here

Hope you enjoyed today's project.  Have a great weekend, and thanks so much for stopping by!

6 comments:

stefani said...

Great project! I love all the colors.

Maria Therese said...

Beautiful ♥

Aphra Bolyer said...

Absolutely LOVE this one, Roree!!! I had no idea the Pumpkin Carving cuts could look so sophisticated. <3

RoseAnn's Thoughts said...

Very beautiful!

Diane said...

This is beautiful. I always thought that if I wanted to display a dimensional page, I'd have to use a shadow box. It looks like you just used a regular frame and didn't use glass at all. I really like this idea. I also like your stitching on the leaves. I wouldn't have thought of this either :)

cnelson said...

WOWZERS! This is soooooo FANTABULOUS! LOVE EVERYTHING about it!