A House of Cards

Thursday, January 26, 2012

OA Thursday Sketch

Hey everyone!  Just thought I would pop on here really quick before I head off to bed.  (An early morning is waiting for me.  ;) ) 

I have been so busy creating lately, but I can't share everything just yet.  Soon though.  But I do have one card to share.  Today was my day to post on the October Afternoon blog, and I created a sketch for the Thursday Sketch Challenge.  I have been finding a lot of inspiration for my sketches lately on Pinterest, and this week is no exception.  I found this fun image and just knew that it would be perfect for a sketch:


With this beautiful image, I was inspired to create this sketch:


I really love the circles in the image, so that is what I focused on in the sketch.  I just added a title, a place for some journaling, and a frame.  The sketch would be perfect for an 8.5 x 11" layout or a 4.25 x 5.5" card.

I have been having so much fun making cards lately, that is what I chose to make.  Here is my take on the sketch:


I decided to go with a banner theme, and I used the chipboard banner pieces, die-cuts, sticker, and tin pins from the Sidewalks collection.


In place of the title and journaling, I found this sweet border sticker in the label sticker set, cut it into three pieces, and stitched it to the card.


I really love how bright and colorful this collection is.  I just make me happy!

Becky Novacek played along with my sketch this week, and you can see her beautiful layout HERE.  

If you get a chance to play along with this week's sketch, don't forget to post it in the OA Flickr group.  We love to see what you all are creating with OA products!

Thanks so much for stopping by, and have a great night!

3 comments:

~amy~ said...

super fun....I love what you've done with the sketch!

cnelson said...

What a FUN sketch and FUN card!! LOVE!!!

mpezzell said...

super fun sketch, i'm so lovin' all of the circles. and beautiful card. thx for the inspo!! smiles, m-