A House of Cards

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Are you in a Halloween kind of mood?

Recently I was asked to play along with this week's sketch over at the Get Sketchy blog. I had so much fun with the sketch that I ended up making two cards. I kept with a Halloween theme for both, but one is more of a "pretty" card and other one is more "fun".

First is my "pretty" card. I used paper and a die-cut from Pink Paislee's Twilight collection. I love, love, love this line!



I painted the tips of the flower with Shimmerz Vintage Wine from the new Fall Vintage Collection. It adds just the right amount of color and shimmer to the flower.



Next is my "fun" card. For this, I also used paper and glitter chipboard from Pink Paislee's Twilight collection.



I used Shimmerz Spritz in Licorice, also from the new Fall Vintage Collection. I sprayed in on the chipboard bat pretty generously, and it pooled towards the bottom of the bat giving it a shimmering eeriness. I love the way it turned out!



Well, that is it for me today. Hope you my little cards help to get you in the Halloween spirit. Thanks so much for stopping by! :)

10 comments:

cnelson said...

your cards are just fabulous! love the perfect details!

Unknown said...

LOVE these Roree!! Way to rock the Pink Paislee and Shimmerz!!Hope that all is well with you.. are you hanging out anywhere specific online? I'm missing all of my CMK friends :(
(((hugs))) ~rae

~amy~ said...

love, love, love your cards!!! Thanks soo much for joining us over at Get Sketchy!!!

Anonymous said...

Don't think I've ever seen a more elegant Halloween card, EVER. Beautiful!

Magia da Inês said...

Olá amiga!
Conheci seu cantinho...
Seu trabalho é lindo, criativo e inspirador!...
Parabéns!
Espero você em:
magiadaines.blogspot.com
Beijinhos.
Itabira - Brasil

Jana Eubank said...

Adorable! Love what you did with the Shimmerz, too!!! You are brilliant!

DeeDee said...

love them both. the shimmery bat is fab! :)

Glynis said...

Love how you made the flower coordinate. It's just perfect! Your cards are adorable.

Angèle said...

Two gorgeous cards! I love all the details! Thank you for joining us at GS as a guest-designer!

Anonymous said...

Your cards are so stinkin adorable!! Great job :)

Danielle