A House of Cards

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Hi everyone!  I am feeling so much better today.  That sunburn feeling has started to subside, and I am feeling more like myself today.  The day after is always the worst, isn't it?!

I am back today to share a project that I did for the October Afternoon blog today.  It is a Shaped Cards card set.  Shaped cards are so fun to make and they really make such an impact with the person receiving the card.  Especially the ones that don't paper craft.  With this set, I've shown three different ways/methods of making shaped cards. 

For the first, I did a butterfly card, and I used my photo editing program (PSE) to make the shape. 


You can see my original post here on the October Afternoon blog to see just how I did it.


For my second card, I used my Cricut Expression and Wild Card cartridge. 


Die-cut machines are great tools to use for making shapes cards.  Just a few key strokes and your card is done and ready to decorate.


 My last card is a pretty easy alternative too.  For this card I used a pre-made mini album page as the base of my card.


October Afternoon has lots of fun mini album shapes to choose from, and one nice thing about their minis is that they come pre-cut patterned paper pages.  This is just perfect for when you don't want a thick chipboard base to your card.


Hope this puts you in the mood to start adding shaped cards to your to-do list.

That is it for me today.  Hope you all have a good one.  Thanks so much for stopping by!

6 comments:

bonnie said...

Oh these are all soo adorable love the shaped butterfly card you did in PSE and the cute little pinwheels....WOOHOO! Hugs :) xx

cnelson said...

You are sooooo AMAZINGLY TALENTED! LOVE, LOVE, LOOOOOOOVE your work!

scrapbookertink said...

This is so sweet love the rosettes.

Bente Fagerberg said...

Wow, your work is so drop dead gorgeous Roree. I am so in love with that butterfly card and the round one is a stunner too. Fabulous work!
I hope you have a lovely trip!!

delisa said...

I love your sweet, homespun designs and these cards are wonderful! Glad you're feeling better & I'm looking forward to your next fun card. Thanks for sharing! delisa

Jewls said...

Awesome cards, Roree.