A House of Cards

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

How about a little color...

Hey everyone!  I'm stopping by to share a project I made for Amy Heller's Color Splash! Challenge on the October Afternoon blog.  OA products are full of so many bright and wonderful colors, so this was a pretty easy challenge.  ;)

I created a pocket tag mini album (made with my Cricut Expression and Tags, Bags, Boxes and More cartridge) with a page for each member of my family.  The pockets are to hold our favorite photos from throughout the year.



When Amy originally shared the challenge with me, it was more about creating a monochromatic project.  I usually have a bit of hard time with monochromatics.  Not sure why, but I do.  So I decided to cheat a little bit.  I put together each page in a monochromatic scheme, but when the pages were put together, it was a rainbow of color.  





 Here are some close-ups of each of the pages:






I used a mix of products from Rocket Age, 5 & Dime, Modern Homemaker, Thrift Shop, Fly a Kite, and Farm Fresh collections. 

If you get a chance to play along with the challenge, stop by and post it in the OA Flickr Gallery so we all can take a peek.  ;)

Hope you all have a great evening, and thanks so much for stopping by!

4 comments:

cnelson said...

This couldn't be more fabulous! LOVE it!!!

lisa westphal said...

Wow!!! LOVE this!! In fact, as soon as the pic popped up in my Google Reader, I darted straight over to tell you how AWESOME this looks!!! LOVE it. . .now I'm gonna go read the actual post. :) -LOL!

Sentimental Scrapper said...

Love the mini album!! The papers you chose are fabulous and I love all of the fun details you added!

Kimberly
My Craft Spot

Kimmy said...

Love this! It is just too cute!!

http://naturesskinfood.blogspot.com/