A House of Cards

Monday, May 2, 2011

Pockets...

Hey everyone!  I have a project to share with you all today.  I am a guest designer on the Scrapbook and Cards Today Magazine blog, and I created a Mother's Day card set with an added challenge.

I got out the 5 & Dime collection by October Afternoon and went to work.  Here is what I came up with:


For the first card,  I created a pocket by machine stitching the 'Lucky' card to the front of the card.


I layered a chipboard sticker and buttons to the 'Lucky' card, and then I added a tag to the pocket. The pocket would also be a wonderful place to add a gift card, if that is what you are planning to give your Mom for Mother's day.



And here's a tip:  Add a little baby powder to the part of the chipboard sticker that will be hanging off the edge of the card, so that the chipboard will not stick to the tag/gift card.
 
For the second card, I created a pocket card.


I stitched together the 'Wanamaker Store' card to a patterned paper panel of the same size and decorated the front of the pocket.  
 


I created an insert from patterned paper that was slightly smaller than the machine stitched dimensions of the pocket for a place to add a personalized note.  Then, I added a tab sticker to the upper right corner, so the insert could easily be removed from the pocket. 

And here is my challenge...
 
Make a pocket and add it to your scrapbook layout, card, or project.  You can make your own with patterned paper, or try using a pre-made card or die-cut.  And you don't have to limit yourself to just squares and rectangles, you can make pockets from so many different shapes.  It's up to you! 
 
If you take my pocket challenge, be sure to link up your project here.  I would love to see what
You have created.  I will be back on Wednesday share another Mother's Day project with you.
 
Hope you enjoyed these cards.  I will be back on Wednesday with another project to share.  Thanks so much for stopping by!

6 comments:

Nadia Cannizzo said...

These are so beautiful! Well done! Congrats on being a GDT at the blog. Thats awesome!

Sasha Farina said...

now those are adorable!! love them Roree!

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Soooooo cute. I love how you put your elements together. Great colours too.

cnelson said...

LOVE these in EVERY way possible!

Anonymous said...

Really here is a house of cards its helpful for card designer...
Plastic Business Cards

Anonymous said...

Very `Gorgeous` Lots of beautiful eye candy to catch up with Roree!

Enjoy the rest of your weekend:) x