A House of Cards

Monday, May 16, 2011

A sketch for you...

Hey everyone!  Just stopping by to share a layout I did recently for October Afternoon.  I was asked to make a sketch for it, so I will be sharing that with you too.  This is the first time I have ever put together a sketch, so I hope you all like it.  ;)

Here is my sketch:


And here is my take on it:


I used strips of patterned paper mixed with hand stitching for the lines in the background. 


I replaced the butterflies in the sketch with buttons to mimic the rock wall we visited on our trip.  


You can see my original post on the October Afternoon blog here, along with a wonderful take on the sketch by Danni Reid. 

Oh...  and I wanted to let you all know, due to some problems with Blogger last week, October Afternoon is giving you all one more day to leave comments on the Rubber Charms Blog Hop posts.  You can comment on mine here and you can start the blog hop from the beginning here.  The winners will be announced tomorrow. 

Thanks so much for stopping by! 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What an adorable LO!! Love all the button :-)

Joke said...

Great sketch AND layout Roree.
You are the stitch queen and these are so adorable.

I'm gonna try this myself.